Monday, March 31, 2008

AKA


Noodles...WHAT?!

I grew up in NH. I am Scottish. I am really, really white. But my friends and I grew up listening to Wu-Tang Clan, one of the most popular and raunchy rap groups of our time. Now that we are older and more mature we regularly make references to those days long ago and giggle like thirteen year old girls. Seriously, we're pretty cool.

Before Natalie was born, we were engaged in such a giggle-fest while discussing her name. Since we didn't know if she'd be a boy or a girl we needed something ambiguous to call her in the meantime...we settled on "Noodles", a reference to an old Wu-tang song in which they list off countless nicknames. I don't know exactly how and I don't know exactly why but we found it uproariously funny.

In deference to Wu-tang and for the sake of posterity I am posting all the nickname's Natalie has accrued in her first 8 months.

Noodles
AKA
The Pea
AKA
Squirmy Worm
AKA
Yoopie
AKA
The poop machine
AKA
Yooper-uni
AKA
Natalie-bo-batalie
AKA
Peaches
AKA
Worm-face
AKA
Milk-face
AKA
Giggles
AKA
Silly-billy-goat
AKA
Chubby Cheek-ers
AKA
Madame Mc-Poops
AKA
Pea-Head
AKA
Big-Baby Worm
AKA
Babble-onian princess
AKA
Diaper Dandy
AKA
Super-dooper-pooper
AKA
Peaches
AKA
Cuddles
AKA
Doll-face
AKA
Baby Awesome-o

That's all I got for now...I'm glad I am writing this blog so that some day she'll look back and realize just how cool and not at all lame her daddy is...






1 comment:

Jesse S. McDougall said...

I like Yooper. Call me that from now on.