Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cheap Date

One of Natalie's favorite friends, "Captain Remote-face"

Last night, while lying awake in bed, I planned to write an important and serious blog about the fear of parents in a world that pushes fear.  I was inspired after watching various stories on Autism for National Autism Awareness day...then I didn't sleep and Natalie woke up at 2 with a leaky diaper and failed to get back to sleep till 3:30.  My brain is  currently being held together by more Duct Tape than Pedro Martinez's body and that brilliant and article is gone. 

Instead, I'm going to write about Natalie's favorite toys.  Not as important but much easier.

My daughter is a cheap date and I'm proud of it.  They say that kids are often happier playing with the box the toy came in and that seems to be true for Natalie.   She likes her rattles and especially her musical toys but she is just as happy, if not happier, playing with the following...

Daddy's old beat-up Red Sox hat: Clearly she has good taste in teams.
The Remote Control: She always changes the channel to stupid shows like American Idol, so I've given her an old remote...Daddy rules the TV!
A piece of paper: She is totally happy to shake a piece of paper for hours on end. 
The Dog and Cat: When she gets mobile, Bruce and Fenway are going to lose a lot of hair.
Plastic cups: There just so plastic-y!
The Couch Pillows: For some reason she's found them enchanting since birth.
Mommy's and Daddy's face: Ah, the joy of grabbing noses, lips, and cheeks.
The Butt-Paste Canister: Her love for the Butt-Paste can has been well documented
A diaper: Don't worry I only give her clean one's...though she wouldn't care.

There are more but the Duct-tape around my brain is getting lose...

Let's just say I will remind her of all the fun she had with this stuff when she is 13 and asking me for that pair of designer jeans.








No comments: